Welcome to The Chopping Block! Crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Tom Schmidt, and Robert Leshner chop it up about the latest news in the digital asset industry. On this week’s episode, Do Kwon, founder of Terraform Labs, also dropped by. Show topics:
- why Do decided to make millions of dollars in bets that LUNA will appreciate in value next year
- what Robert and Do, as crypto/DeFi founders, think about Crypto Twitter
- how the difficulty of building payment systems led to Do launching Terra
- Gauntlet’s recent funding round (and what it does)
- takeaways from Yuga Labs purchasing CryptoPunk and Meebits IP, ApeCoin, Otherside, and more
- how NFTs could change the game for publishing and content IP industries
- whether an NFT collection’s cultural relevance is similar to an L1’s TVL
- Bored Ape Yacht Club as the first NFT franchise
- why Haseeb is so disappointed with Axie Infinity, VCs, and other P2E games
- what Facebook’s foray into NFTs might look like
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Tom Schmidt, general partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound
- Do Kwon, founder of Terra
- Gauntlet raises $23.8M led by Ribbit, now a Unicorn – congrats Tarun!
- Do Kwon on a Terra betting spree ($1M, then $10M)
- Yuga Labs launches Apecoin, Apes buy Punks, teases metaverse, plans land sales, closes $450M raise led by a16z
- NFTs coming to Instagram? Minting + PFPs?
- Info on Axie Infinity
The post The Chopping Block: Do Kwon Pitches a Decentralized NFT Publishing Service appeared first on Unchained Podcast.