WiFi 6 is the new standard in WiFi, with quicker connections, higher reliability and greater bandwidth than former options. Along with WiFi 6, you can use a host of compatible devices to get the most out of your experience. Learn if WiFi 6 is the right option for your lifestyle.
What Is WiFi 6?
WiFi 6 can also be referred to as IEEE 802.11ax standard and is the sixth iteration of WiFi. It offers even greater convenience and reliability to the consumer than 802.11ac. That being said, you may want to learn about WiFi 6’s benefits before choosing if this upgrade makes sense for your life and budget.
What Are the Benefits of WiFi 6?
The benefits of WiFi 6 are vast. At a high level, the benefits include:
- Faster speed
- Reduced latency
- More reliability
- Greater range
- Less vulnerability to cyber-attacks
- Higher bandwidth
Faster is better and WiFi 6 delivers, offering a maximum of 9.6 Gbps compared to WiFi 5’s maximum of 3.5 Gbps. As more and more home devices are WiFi-enabled, the need for a fast and powerful home network continues to grow. WiFi 6 supports this need by better communicating with these devices and managing peak use hours more efficiently.
Additional benefits include up to a 75 per cent reduction in latency and better range, supporting more convenient access to the internet and internet-dependent devices. It also supports IoT devices and easily integrates with 5G networks. Battery replacement may also be deferred as WiFi 6 requires less power on your devices—a great added benefit of implementing this in your home.
Security concerns are also addressed in this latest update. WiFi 6 provides updated key management and encryption algorithms to support a strong defense from cyber-attacks.
Who Needs WiFi 6?
As you make your decision about WiFi 6, you may wonder if it is worthwhile for your lifestyle. Casual WiFi users with few devices may not need the added speed and power. However, it can complement your lifestyle if you do any of the following:
- Work from home: The added power can provide you with the reliability you need to make the most out of your work hours from the convenience of your home.
- Use streaming services regularly: Streaming services benefit from the added bandwidth, as well as uploading and downloading speeds. If you stream entertainment or use streaming for gaming, WiFi 6 is worth considering.
- Video call: WiFi 6 can support your video calls by providing higher quality images and minimizing latency.
- Take online school courses: Online courses rely on dependable and speedy internet connection and may require large files to be downloaded or uploaded for course assignments.
Take Your WiFi to the Next Level with WiFi 6 Devices
Before upgrading your WiFi, check your router’s compatibility. WiFi 6 is most effective when paired with relevant WiFi 6 devices. This includes WiFi 6 compatible routers, mesh network systems, and phones. As you consider implementing WiFi 6, make sure you learn about WiFi 6 devices to get the most out of your home network.
Know Your Lifestyle Needs
Weigh your lifestyle, internet use, connected devices, and downloading and streaming needs. If your school, work, or entertainment choices require speed and reliability, consider switching to WiFi 6. WiFi 6 can aid your everyday lifestyle while also supporting your evolving internet needs.
PlatoAi. Web3 Reimagined. Data Intelligence Amplified.
Click here to access.