Grassi Legal Externship
Công ty vi:
As the 67th largest accounting firm in the nation, Grassi is a leading provider of advisory, tax and accounting services to businesses and individuals. Grassi advisors specialize in providing industry-specific business consulting, audit, tax, and technology services to key market sectors, including construction, architecture and engineering, not-for-profit, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, financial services, real estate, cannabis and more. With offices in New York, Jericho, Ronkonkoma and White Plains, NY; Park Ridge, NJ; Palm Beach, FL; and Needham, MA, the firm has the depth of knowledge and experience to work effectively alongside clients across the Northeast and throughout the United States, as well as internationally through its membership in Moore Global.
Grassi is seeking a Legal Extern to join our Legal department. The Grassi Legal Department is responsible for providing day to day legal counsel to the firm’s tax, audit and advisory business lines. As a Legal Extern, you will support the legal team by performing legal research and writing, reviewing and analyzing agreements, and working on other projects in a variety of practice areas, including but not limited to litigation, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate, privacy and real estate law. You will work closely with mentors on assigned matters and have both formal and informal opportunities to learn about the practice of law and its intersection with the Company’s business needs. The Legal Extern will also be exposed to various other Company functions, such as finance and administration. This opportunity will provide the candidate with valuable experience working on important legal and contractual issues in a fast-paced corporate world setting.
Spring Externship Program
Twelve-week program with approximately 25 hours per week. Candidates will have the option to work remotely or in the Jericho office.
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned:
- Review and/or draft contracts and legal documents and prepare legal summaries;
- Research and assist with matters relating to corporate compliance and special projects as needed.
- Assist with data entry and file organization.
- Review and revise business agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other legal documents.
- Perform a wide variety of functions to assist the Legal Team.
- Other duties as determined.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited law school and actively working toward a Juris Doctorate degree.
- Completes Business Organizations class.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Outstanding research and writing skills and strong oral communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Due to U.S. Government Contract Requires, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A self-starter who has exceptional interpersonal skills and a consistent track record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation, and initiative.
- A strong demonstrated interest in the study and application of the law, as well as substantive knowledge of legal issues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and firm clients
- Prior experience with a legal department or law firm is preferred but not required.
Các Ứng Dụng
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Samiyah Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org