Popular Twitch streamer Lannie “Ohlana” has reportedly died by apparent suicide, according to those close to her.
Ohlana was a Canadian-Vietnamese Twitch streamer who had posted increasingly alarming tweets and Instagram posts regarding her emotional state before submitting what appeared to be her final tweet, which read “it’s not anybody’s fault.”
it’s not anybody’s fault
— ohlana (@_ohlana) July 6, 2020
Previously, on July 6, she tweeted “depressed people struggle to reach out in fear the ones closest to them will have cops show up and forcefully confine them against their will. So they’re stuck feeling alone with their dark thoughts because they don’t want to be trapped where they just feel worse.”
Ohlana’s passing was allegedly confirmed by individuals she knew in real life by way of her Discord channel. It is unclear exactly what lead up to Ohlana taking these measures to die end her own life, but her tweets and messages appear to paint a picture of a tormented individual struggling to open up to others as she felt she had to deal with personal struggles on her own, lest she be ostracized or treated in a manner that would make her feel “trapped”, in a sense.
depressed ppl struggle to reach out in fear the ones closest to them will have cops show up and forcefully confine them against their will. so they’re stuck feeling alone with their dark thoughts because they don’t want to be trapped where they just feel worse.
— ohlana (@_ohlana) July 6, 2020
In addition to her series of tweets, Ohlana posted what appeared to read as a suicide note on Instagram on July 6 before she passed away.
“I have cried, loved, and shared so many great memories with so many of you who are still or used to be in my life. I thank all of you for letting me. I look back in awe of all the opportunities I have been given in my life and I am appreciative. From surviving off video games to travelling the world on an impulse… but most importantly all of the people I’ve met during this run,” she wrote.
“Ive made my mistakes, I’ve taken my loses and I endured all of the consequences that were deemed valid. But sometimes it clouds my skies a little larger than it should. Some storms are heavier than others… and that’s okay. We all fight our own battles.”
She ended her note with “It’s a beautiful day today. Go out and enjoy it for me.” Support from all over the Twitch community has been pouring in for Lannie, all expressing their grief over her passing. It has been a tumultuous time for those in the digital creator space. We sincerely hope we do not see any more young people taking their own lives because they feel pressured or alone, or bending to the tremendous amount of pressure placed on those who stream and play video games online.
Mental health is not a joke. Therapy and asking for help are not weakness. If you feel pressured or in danger of harming yourself, then there are options to seek aid. Do not hesitate to check out the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or other resources which can help support you in a dire moment. We here at Shacknews wish Ohlana peace, as well as condolences to her friends and loved ones.
Server status – Is Fall Guys down?
The Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout server status is brought into question every now and then. Players are often looking to work out whether or not Fall Guys is down, if there’s some ongoing maintenance, or if there are some issues with the server. There are also those who are wondering whether it’s a problem with their own game.
Is Fall Guys down?
Chance are, if you’re here, then yes, Fall Guys is down. However, there’s no telling exactly why Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is down or not working. Given that Fall Guys is an online multiplayer game, the servers are bound to go offline for scheduled maintenance. It’s likely going to be quite rare that the servers are down because of some overload or other problem.
One valuable source of information players should be aware of is the Fall Guys Server Owl Twitter account. This account tweets out server updates, maintenance windows, and other information pertaining to the Fall Guys server status. While the tweet that’s embedded below won’t apply, it is a good example of the type of information players can expect. Check this Twitter page whenever you suspect a problem.
HOOT! Super early on this one – we’re scheduling some maintenance for the servers in roughly 12 hours time! Getting ready for our first WEEKEND since launch #LeftSideBeef #NoSauce #NoCheese pic.twitter.com/tP21JujPVO
— Fall Guys Server Owl (@FallGuysOwl) August 6, 2020
Some bigger games also undergo weekly or monthly changes and updates. During these times, the servers will go offline. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout isn’t necessarily on the scale of some of these titles, like Destiny 2 and League of Legends, but there could still be times when an update is being pushed through and the team at Mediatonic need to take things offline.
In the event the Fall Guys servers are online and you still can’t play, there’s likely a problem on your end. Players experiencing server connectivity errors are advised to restart their games, turn their consoles and platforms off and on again, and even refresh their network connection by powering down routers and modems for a few minutes. If all else fails, you can also reach out to Mediatonic via the Fall Guys support page.
Whenever the Fall Guys servers go down for maintenance, or there is some confusion over whether or not the servers are down, players can likely become frustrated. By checking the Fall Guys server status via the Server Owl Twitter account, you can ensure you’re kept up to date on any situations. For more news and guides, check out the Shacknews Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout page.
Evening Reading – August 6, 2020
Hey Shacknews, it’s time for Evening Reading. Let’s officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
QuakeCon at Home. pic.twitter.com/ruRLP8XtSS
— Productive Citizen ✌🏾💙🙏🏾👊🏾 (@technosucks) August 6, 2020
And now… Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
IRL GTA in Shibuya
— がんそ【駒沢アイソレーション】 (@KaoruGans0) August 5, 2020
Outstanding camera work.
Early rapper dance moves
This shit got me weak. pic.twitter.com/sqqbsH7Mtz
— B. 🇭🇹 (@Oh_Bunn) April 27, 2020
It’s funny because it is true.
Tim Sweeney deepfake
sorry tim but you now professionally sing big time rush pic.twitter.com/5PSNZb1PPp
— Adam, CEO of deepfakes (@NotFakeAdam) August 6, 2020
We now go to Tim Sweeney for his reaction.
Perhaps computers were a mistake. https://t.co/isyLVbBQLc
— Tim Sweeney (@TimSweeneyEpic) August 6, 2020
$500 fine for no mask in public. Jail for those who remain in an establishment after being asked to leave for non-compliance. Nationwide. $5 says most people agree with me. pic.twitter.com/lx2R7CNg4o
— Hutch (@hutchinson) August 6, 2020
Imagine acting like this in public.
You fkers pic.twitter.com/ip5SYeWaeT
— Wu-Tang Financial 🥑 (@Wu_Tang_Finance) August 7, 2020
GlitchxCity catches a Shiny Psyduck
— Glitch (@GlitchxCity) August 6, 2020
LOL @ “I farted in excitement.”
Total Eclipse of the Heart
— CJ Melendez (@CJMelendez_) August 6, 2020
This song still slaps.
Dunkey drops some wisdom on Twitter
tostitos salsa is weak as hell.
— dunkey (@vgdunkey) August 6, 2020
Tostitos salsa is wack.
Excite-Truck but with F-Zero music
Every game is better with F-ZERO music!
Game: Excite-Truck pic.twitter.com/VGx5bfyaQf
— 『 Turbo: The F-Zero Lad 』 (@FZeroLad) August 6, 2020
F-Zero Twitter is undefeated.
There you have it, Shacknews. Your Evening Reading for August 6, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month. Here is a photo of Lola to brighten your night.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.
Grounded update 0.1.1 patch notes squashes bugs
Grounded is days away from receiving an update to version 0.1.1. The developers over at Obsidian Entertainment have given players a look into what’s in store for this update, which focuses entirely on bug fixes. Though Grounded has been a lot of fun to play, it’s still very clearly in early access, so these improvements are bound to be well-received.
Grounded update 0.1.1 patch notes
The following patch notes for Grounded come from the official Grounded site. While players are no doubt looking forward to more content, this update is all about fixing problems players have encountered. One of the biggest problems is the disappearance of BURG.L and the locking of the Oak Lab. Players that experienced these issues should find them resolved after the update goes live.
In terms of when new content is coming, a tweet by Adam Brennecke via the Grounded Twitter account reveals that Grounded will have monthly updates, the first of which is scheduled for August 27th. Whether Update 0.1.1 is August’s update remains to be seen.
- Made changes to make finding, joining, and hosting games with friends more reliable.
- We adjusted the handling of joining game failure (the game is full, the game no longer exists, etc.).
- Added a way to allow players to resolve the issue of the game logging the player into the wrong Xbox Live account on PC.
- Fixed issues with Windows 7 and Windows 8 users crashing when attempting to login. Those users should be able to load into the game after updating.
- Fixed crash when saving or loading and the “Autosave Count” number in the options is set to 0.
- We have implemented a fix for players who were getting stuck on the welcome popup screen and unable to move past it.
- Fixed characters not being saved occasionally in save games. NOT RETROACTIVE: Unfortunately we are not able to bring back lost items, but hopefully this fix will prevent this from occurring in the future. If you still experience this after the update, please contact us directly at email@example.com so we can gather information to continue our investigation.
- Players will no longer be permanently stuck in spider webs after destroying them.
- Fixed BURG.L disappearing in some games if you attacked him and saved and loaded. RETROACTIVE: BURG.L will appear in the games he disappeared from, allowing players to interact with him again.
- Restoring save games that have lost progression state (ex. Oak Tree Lab doors no longer opening for players, Mysterious Machine not allowing players to hit buttons to finish the quest, time being frozen, etc.) RETROACTIVE: After updating the game, players should be able to load into their game and continue to progress. Should this issue happen again, logging out of the save and then loading back in should resolve the issue and allow you to continue playing.
- Fixed an issue with endless larva spawning over time. Larva were also spawning each time a spike trap was built. This update will not remove the larva that has already spawned into games, but the larva respawn rate has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where all item durability in your inventory incorrectly shows “full” when loading back into a game as a client.
- We implemented a fix for an issue where games that were saved before Raw Science started spawning prevented Raw Science from appearing later. It also included an update for a problem with Raw Science spawning after analyzing and having additional players collecting it on join. Due to this, players may notice that the starting Raw Science they previously collected has respawned.
- Fixed crashes when loading a saved game dealing with ant colonies.
- Removed kill Mosquito Burg.L quest NOT RETROACTIVE: Players will need to speak with BURG.L to abandon this quest. Then, during the next in-game day, you will be able to talk to BURG.L again to accept a new quest.
- Found the cause behind the issue where attempting to cook/dry an item slot with no item in it would crash the game.
- Found a fix for the occasional crash caused by dew drops that have items stuck in them. It also included a fix for dew drops exploding and causing a major FPS drops on clients.
- Fixed issue where clients dragging items from one slot in a storage basket to another would not reflect on the host causing item desync.
- Disabled storage baskets and smoothie stations from being able to be interacted with by multiple players at the same time until other desync issues we are working on are resolved.
- Block Tutorial now only plays once.
- Tuned Wolf Spider hearing and investigation AI to creep on the player less frequently.
- UI changes made to the SCA.B OS screen.
- Fixed trail markers not showing up on the map, and an additional fix added to prevent the game crashing if you tried to navigate them in the legend.
- Reduced screen edge shimmer on Xbox One and Xbox One S under load.
Update 0.1.1 for Grounded will be live “within a day or two” according to the patch notes. While you wait for that day to arrive, take some time to look over the Shacknews Grounded page for some helpful guides.
Virginia Supreme Court Grants Temporary Moratorium on Evictions
Slow But Steady: FATF Review Highlights Crypto Exchanges’ Struggle to Meet AML Standards
Première biopsie liquide à recevoir l’approbation de la FDA pour le profilage complet des tumeurs dans tous les cancers solides, le diagnostic compagnon Guardant360® de Guardant Health gagne en crédibilité auprès des oncologues en Asie, au Moyen-Orient et en Afrique.
2 Out Of 3 Churchgoers: It’s Safe To Resume In-Person Worship
Title Token for Blockchain Estate Registry, Part 3
Eerily Accurate Analyst Thinks Bitcoin Could Hit $20,000 in the Next 3 Months
Ransomware Attacks Demanding Crypto Are Unfortunately Here to Stay
Ever-Glory To Report Second Quarter 2020 Earnings on August 14, 2020
Bitglass Security Spotlight: Over 200k Instacart Users’ Data Is Being Sold on Dark Web
Analysts Fear an Ethereum Drop to $300 As Price Becomes “Heavy”
WeissLaw LLP Reminds GRUB and NBL Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds OTEL and DCOM Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds MXIM and TORC Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
WeissLaw LLP Reminds CNXM and ONDK Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
Major South Korean Bank Joins the Crypto Custody Business
Bullish Bitcoin Price Trend Intact Even After BTC Retests $11.4K Support
BitMEX Leaderboard Trader Fears Bitcoin Could See a Second “Flash Dump”
Analyst: Bitcoin May “Teleport” to $13,000 if It Breaks Key Level
Adam Back: Some ICOs Funded Useful Research Despite Being Unethical
Gov. Cuomo Clears The Way For In-Person Learning At Schools In New York State
An Official North Dakota Cryptocurrency Could Be on the Horizon
Law Decoded: Tech as an Arena for International Conflict, July 31–August 7
Reddit Attack Defaces Dozens of Channels
OneCoin Co-Founder Escapes 90-Year Jail Term Following Court Settlement
Ethereum is Showing Early Signs of Weakness; Is the Top in?
Monero’s Hashrate Experienced Its Largest Single Day Gains Ever
Bitcoin Plunges Under Pivotal $11.5k Support: What Do Analysts Think Is Next?
7 tips for using Google Meet on a Chromebook
Bitcoin is Facing “Serious” Bearish Divergences as Analysts Eye Downside
Researcher Finds New Office Macro Attacks for MacOS
Step Into the Jungle With Tarzan VR’s new Mixed Reality Trailer
How to convert Ubuntu into a rolling release
When Dirac meets frustrated magnetism
Tiniest secrets of integrated circuits revealed with new imaging technique
Sustainable chemistry at the quantum level: University of Pittsburgh’s John Keith explores the sustainable potential of computational quantum chemistry
Secure remote access explained
BlueVoyant and TELMEX Scitum Announce Strategic Cybersecurity Alliance
SentinelOne Research Identifies IoT Vulnerabilities Enabling Remote Takeover and Network Intrusion
Balbix Brings BreachControl™ to Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace
How to remotely connect to any PC or device using AnyDesk
AR/VR1 week ago
AI1 week ago
Deploying a server for Rasa X chatbot
Blockchain1 week ago
Ethereum Is the Best-Performing Asset Class of 2020
Automotive1 week ago
‘False economy’ masks extent of impending car retail job cuts, says Pendragon boss
AR/VR1 week ago
Onward On Oculus Quest Review: Lock And Load Without Wires
AI1 week ago
News Wrap, Feat. Epiq, LexisNexis + TermScout
Cannabis1 week ago
CBD and Heart Arrhythmia: What We Know So Far
AI1 week ago
Three AI companies join a business development group built by the London Stock Exchange