In this article, we’ll explore three critical aspects of earthquakes: the magnitude that makes an earthquake dangerous, what to do during an earthquake, and recent seismic activity in Delhi.
What Magnitude Earthquake Is Dangerous?
Determining the level of danger in an earthquake isn’t solely based on its magnitude. While higher magnitudes generally indicate more powerful earthquakes, other factors matter, such as depth, distance from the epicenter, and local infrastructure.
However, earthquakes with magnitudes above 7.0 are typically considered significant and can cause substantial damage. It’s essential to understand that the effects of an earthquake also depend on the local building codes and preparedness.
What to Do During an Earthquake
During an earthquake, your safety should be the top priority. Follow these guidelines:
- Drop, Cover, and Hold On: Drop to the ground, take cover under sturdy furniture, and hold on until the shaking stops.
- Stay Indoors: If you’re indoors, stay there. Avoid doorways and windows.
- Stay Away from Hazards: Keep away from heavy objects, glass, and anything that could fall.
- If Outdoors, Stay Open: Move to an open area away from buildings, trees, streetlights, and utility wires.
- If Driving, Stop Safely: Pull over to a safe area away from buildings and overpasses.
What Was the Magnitude of the Earthquake in Delhi Today?
There is no earthquake is happened in Delhi, but today (October 3rd, 2023) a 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake hit Nepal. Due to that earthquake caused tremors in North India Specially in New Delhi.
So there was no earthquake in Delhi today. I hope this information helpful to you. Write your thoughts on comments.