DUBLIN, May 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The “Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV): Technologies and Global Markets 2020-2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report provides an overview of the global market for BIPV and analyzes market trends. Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period 2020 through 2025. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on technology, application, end-user and geography.
The report also focuses on the major driving trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report explains the value chain, competitive landscape and current trends in the BIPV market. The report concludes with an analysis of the BIPV vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major players in the global BIPV market.
The scope of the report is limited to the below mentioned points only:
- The scope of the report includes the global market of commercially deployed BIPV projects.
- The projects that are in the design phase or the pre-development phase have not been considered in the calculation of the overall market size.
- The market size includes the market of both hardware as well as the service part.
- The after-sales services market such as software upgrade or hardware maintenance has not been considered in the report.
- The report includes both new constructions as well as renovation projects for the calculation of overall market size.
- Utility-scale power grid projects have not been considered in the report scope.
The Report Includes:
- 35 data tables and 89 additional tables
- An updated review of the global market for building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) materials and related technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2021 and 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Discussion of market opportunities and drivers for BIPV materials market, current trends and ongoing research activities, industry regulations and COVID-19 impact shaping the growth of the PV industry
- Estimation of the market size and corresponding market share analysis by technology, application, end user and geographical region for key market segments and sub-segments
- Identification of major stakeholders in the market, and analysis of their company shares and key competitive landscape
- Patent review and analysis of patents granted for technologies related to advanced PV materials and devices used in BIPV
- A comparative study and SWOT analysis of the top four BIPV technologies, which could further assist stakeholders in formulating appropriate strategies
- Profile descriptions of the leading market participants, including Ascent Solar Technologies Inc., Dow Inc., Panasonic Corp., SunPower Corp., and Trina Solar Co., Ltd.
Buildings today are a leading global consumer of energy, and this trend is likely to continue well into the future, primarily driven by economic and population growth. This trend is increasingly recognized by a multitude of countries worldwide. Federal, state and local governments perceive investing in green energy technologies for new and existing buildings as an opportunity to achieve greenhouse gas reduction targets. Consequently, energy efficiency in buildings has evolved into a major factor of the green movement in recent years, and these factors are driving the increased importance of energy efficiency in buildings.
BIPVs make up a small but increasingly noticeable component of the global PV market. Some BIPV applications are emerging as major growth segments that will reach gigawatt-scale annual sales within a decade. When annual capacity installations are totaled, the entire BIPV sector is found to already be beyond the gigawatt level of annual capacity. Unlike the rapid progress made in building PV capacity with utility-scale power plants, no feasible method exists for complete vertical integration with BIPV projects in all existing and planned buildings. For this, companies need partners, affiliates, alliances, visionaries and champions.
However, the outbreak has led to a significant change in consumer behavior and demand, purchasing patterns, rerouting of the supply chain, dynamics of current market forces and significant interventions of governments. And, just like any other market, the BIPV market was impacted by the pandemic in 2020.
Two types of construction markets can include BIPV components: new-builds and retrofits. The economic upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic severely depressed new construction in many regions of the world. In developed economies, renovations and retrofits will show more significant opportunities in the coming year since those projects, always necessary, are more likely to be eligible for public financial incentives and potential developer participation.
The silicon used to fabricate solar cells is either crystalline (single-crystal or multi-crystal) or amorphous. Presently, c-Si and multi-crystalline silicon (mc-Si) rigid modules are the dominant BIPV products, along with amorphous silicon (a-Si) flexible modules. However, copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) and cadmium telluride (CdTe) technologies are growing rapidly as well. The use of c-Si and mc-Si will change rapidly-and in ways that standard rigid modules cannot be used. The arrival of CIGS into the market, followed closely by the dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) and organic PV (OPV) products, will encourage an entirely new method and process of thinking about how to build, clad and color buildings.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Global Energy Sources
- Importance of Renewable Energy
- Overview of Photovoltaics
- BIPV Industry Outlook
- Impact of COVID-19 on Electronic Chemicals and Materials Market
- Impact on the Industry
- Market Dynamics
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Technology
- Crystalline Silicon
- Single-Crystal Silicon PVs
- Polycrystalline Silicon PVs
- Thin Film
- Amorphous Silicon
- Cadmium Telluride
- Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide
- Multi-Junction Cells
- Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Quantum Dot PVs
- Organic Solar Cells
- Other Third-Generation PV Materials
- Additional Information
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Roofing Shingles
- Roofing Tiles
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Single-Ply Membrane Roofing
- Building Cladding
- Green Parking
- Architectural Shading
- Additional Information
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End User
- Additional Information
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- South America
- South Korea
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 8 Industry Regulations, Standards and Patents
- Patent Analysis
- Patent Trends
- Sample Patent Abstracts
- Government Policies and Support
- Government Support
- Overview of BIPV Policies, Regulations and Incentive Programs
- FITs vs. Rates Net Metering
- BIPV Policies, Regulations and Incentive Programs in North America
- BIPV Policies, Regulations, and Incentive Programs in Europe and the EU
- Microanalysis of Individual European Countries
- BIPV Policies, Regulations and Incentive Programs in APAC
- ASEAN Countries
- BIPV Policies, Regulations and Incentive Programs in the Rest of the World
- BIPV-Relevant International Standards
- International Certification Standards
- EU-Specific Certification Standards
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- AGC Glass Europe
- Ascent Solar Technologies Inc.
- Avancis Gmbh
- Belectric Solar & Battery Gmbh
- Canadian Solar Inc.
- Certainteed Corp.
- Dow Inc.
- Ertex Solartechnik Gmbh
- First Solar Inc.
- Hanergy Holding Group
- Hanwha Q Cells
- Heliatek Gmbh
- Issol Sa
- Kyocera Corp.
- Meyer Burger Technology Ltd.
- Nanoflex Power Corp.
- Onyx Solar Energy S.L.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Polysolar Ltd.
- Sharp Corp.
- Sphelar Power Corp.
- Sunpower Corp.
- Trina Solar Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Suntech Power Co., Ltd.
- Yingli Green Energy Holding Co., Ltd.
- Major Companies in the BIPV Industry by Category
Chapter 10 Appendix: Acronyms and Abbreviations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qf3kht
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Coinsmart. Beste Bitcoin-Börse in Europa