The Pokémon Company has officially announced the ruleset for the upcoming Series 11 in Pokémon Sword and Shield, which brings back an integral feature to the games.
This new series will kick off on Nov. 1, 2021 and run through to Jan. 31, 2022. Players will be able to use all Pokémon from the Galar Pokédex as well as the two DLC packs, Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra, and some Pokémon that aren’t in the Pokédex.
The biggest change between Series 10 and Series 11 will be the return of Dynamaxing, bringing back what is a core game mechanic introduced during Sword and Shield. When this feature was removed for Series 10, it forced players to spice things up and change up their strategies entirely. Now making its return, it will likely do this once again.
When setting up a team, players can include a single restricted legendary Pokémon. All Gigantamax Pokémon that are eligible can be used within this new ruleset. As the ruleset explains, “eligible Pokémon are only those obtained in [Pokémon Sword and Shield] or those with the battle-ready symbol.”
Items will be restricted to only those that can be earned through regular play or that were received through taking part in public distributions or special events.
You can check out the full details on this new Series below.
- Region: International
- Battle Format: Single and Double Battles
- Battle Limits: No Battle Limits per day
- Battle Time: 20 minutes
- Your Time: Seven minutes
- Team Preview: 90 Seconds
- Turn Time: 45 Seconds
- Restricted Pokémon: One of the following per team: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Calyrex
- Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora, Meltan, Melmetal, Zarude
- All Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing is allowed for Series 11
- Pokémon Limits:
- For Singles: Team of three to six Pokémon from Level one to Level 100. All Pokémon then set to Level 50.
- For Doubles: Team of four to six Pokémon from Level one to Level 100. All Pokémon then set to Level 50.
PlatoAi. Web3 Reimagined. Data Intelligence Amplified.
Click here to access.