Drakengard and Nier director Yoko Taro’s new game is finally out. No, the next Nier hasn’t had a surprise launch, but the fantasy mobile RPG SinoAlice is available on mobile. Combining Taro’s dark world-building with classic fantasy characters, SinoAlice arrives worldwide after releasing three years ago in Japan.
SinoAlice is playable solo or cooperatively and features hundreds of different weapons and characters, including Alice from Lewis Carroll’s classic stories as well as Red Riding Hood and even Princess Kaguya. The role-playing game uses an intense combat system and is backed with music from frequent Taro collaborator Keiichi Okabe, who also did the music for both Nier and Nier: Automata.
Prior to release, more than two million players pre-registered for SinoAlice across Google Play and the App Store. Those who pre-registered get several rewards, including special weapons, currency, and upgrade items. There are also daily login rewards that will be distributed for the first 10 days after launch.
Taro is currently involved with the mobile game Nier: Reincarnation, which was first teased earlier this year. An enhanced remaster of the original Nier is also in the works for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and keeping with the weirdness the series is known for, it’s called Nier Replicant Ver. 1.22474487139. No word has been given yet on an official third Nier game, but given the success of Automata, it’s likely more a question of “when” rather than “if.”
GameSpot has officially kicked off Play For All–a celebration of all things gaming. Join us as we bring you the summer’s hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Server status – Is Fall Guys down?
The Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout server status is brought into question every now and then. Players are often looking to work out whether or not Fall Guys is down, if there’s some ongoing maintenance, or if there are some issues with the server. There are also those who are wondering whether it’s a problem with their own game.
Is Fall Guys down?
Chance are, if you’re here, then yes, Fall Guys is down. However, there’s no telling exactly why Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is down or not working. Given that Fall Guys is an online multiplayer game, the servers are bound to go offline for scheduled maintenance. It’s likely going to be quite rare that the servers are down because of some overload or other problem.
One valuable source of information players should be aware of is the Fall Guys Server Owl Twitter account. This account tweets out server updates, maintenance windows, and other information pertaining to the Fall Guys server status. While the tweet that’s embedded below won’t apply, it is a good example of the type of information players can expect. Check this Twitter page whenever you suspect a problem.
HOOT! Super early on this one – we’re scheduling some maintenance for the servers in roughly 12 hours time! Getting ready for our first WEEKEND since launch #LeftSideBeef #NoSauce #NoCheese pic.twitter.com/tP21JujPVO
— Fall Guys Server Owl (@FallGuysOwl) August 6, 2020
Some bigger games also undergo weekly or monthly changes and updates. During these times, the servers will go offline. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout isn’t necessarily on the scale of some of these titles, like Destiny 2 and League of Legends, but there could still be times when an update is being pushed through and the team at Mediatonic need to take things offline.
In the event the Fall Guys servers are online and you still can’t play, there’s likely a problem on your end. Players experiencing server connectivity errors are advised to restart their games, turn their consoles and platforms off and on again, and even refresh their network connection by powering down routers and modems for a few minutes. If all else fails, you can also reach out to Mediatonic via the Fall Guys support page.
Whenever the Fall Guys servers go down for maintenance, or there is some confusion over whether or not the servers are down, players can likely become frustrated. By checking the Fall Guys server status via the Server Owl Twitter account, you can ensure you’re kept up to date on any situations. For more news and guides, check out the Shacknews Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout page.
Evening Reading – August 6, 2020
Hey Shacknews, it’s time for Evening Reading. Let’s officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
QuakeCon at Home. pic.twitter.com/ruRLP8XtSS
— Productive Citizen ✌🏾💙🙏🏾👊🏾 (@technosucks) August 6, 2020
And now… Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
IRL GTA in Shibuya
— がんそ【駒沢アイソレーション】 (@KaoruGans0) August 5, 2020
Outstanding camera work.
Early rapper dance moves
This shit got me weak. pic.twitter.com/sqqbsH7Mtz
— B. 🇭🇹 (@Oh_Bunn) April 27, 2020
It’s funny because it is true.
Tim Sweeney deepfake
sorry tim but you now professionally sing big time rush pic.twitter.com/5PSNZb1PPp
— Adam, CEO of deepfakes (@NotFakeAdam) August 6, 2020
We now go to Tim Sweeney for his reaction.
Perhaps computers were a mistake. https://t.co/isyLVbBQLc
— Tim Sweeney (@TimSweeneyEpic) August 6, 2020
$500 fine for no mask in public. Jail for those who remain in an establishment after being asked to leave for non-compliance. Nationwide. $5 says most people agree with me. pic.twitter.com/lx2R7CNg4o
— Hutch (@hutchinson) August 6, 2020
Imagine acting like this in public.
You fkers pic.twitter.com/ip5SYeWaeT
— Wu-Tang Financial 🥑 (@Wu_Tang_Finance) August 7, 2020
GlitchxCity catches a Shiny Psyduck
— Glitch (@GlitchxCity) August 6, 2020
LOL @ “I farted in excitement.”
Total Eclipse of the Heart
— CJ Melendez (@CJMelendez_) August 6, 2020
This song still slaps.
Dunkey drops some wisdom on Twitter
tostitos salsa is weak as hell.
— dunkey (@vgdunkey) August 6, 2020
Tostitos salsa is wack.
Excite-Truck but with F-Zero music
Every game is better with F-ZERO music!
Game: Excite-Truck pic.twitter.com/VGx5bfyaQf
— 『 Turbo: The F-Zero Lad 』 (@FZeroLad) August 6, 2020
F-Zero Twitter is undefeated.
There you have it, Shacknews. Your Evening Reading for August 6, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month. Here is a photo of Lola to brighten your night.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.
Grounded update 0.1.1 patch notes squashes bugs
Grounded is days away from receiving an update to version 0.1.1. The developers over at Obsidian Entertainment have given players a look into what’s in store for this update, which focuses entirely on bug fixes. Though Grounded has been a lot of fun to play, it’s still very clearly in early access, so these improvements are bound to be well-received.
Grounded update 0.1.1 patch notes
The following patch notes for Grounded come from the official Grounded site. While players are no doubt looking forward to more content, this update is all about fixing problems players have encountered. One of the biggest problems is the disappearance of BURG.L and the locking of the Oak Lab. Players that experienced these issues should find them resolved after the update goes live.
In terms of when new content is coming, a tweet by Adam Brennecke via the Grounded Twitter account reveals that Grounded will have monthly updates, the first of which is scheduled for August 27th. Whether Update 0.1.1 is August’s update remains to be seen.
- Made changes to make finding, joining, and hosting games with friends more reliable.
- We adjusted the handling of joining game failure (the game is full, the game no longer exists, etc.).
- Added a way to allow players to resolve the issue of the game logging the player into the wrong Xbox Live account on PC.
- Fixed issues with Windows 7 and Windows 8 users crashing when attempting to login. Those users should be able to load into the game after updating.
- Fixed crash when saving or loading and the “Autosave Count” number in the options is set to 0.
- We have implemented a fix for players who were getting stuck on the welcome popup screen and unable to move past it.
- Fixed characters not being saved occasionally in save games. NOT RETROACTIVE: Unfortunately we are not able to bring back lost items, but hopefully this fix will prevent this from occurring in the future. If you still experience this after the update, please contact us directly at email@example.com so we can gather information to continue our investigation.
- Players will no longer be permanently stuck in spider webs after destroying them.
- Fixed BURG.L disappearing in some games if you attacked him and saved and loaded. RETROACTIVE: BURG.L will appear in the games he disappeared from, allowing players to interact with him again.
- Restoring save games that have lost progression state (ex. Oak Tree Lab doors no longer opening for players, Mysterious Machine not allowing players to hit buttons to finish the quest, time being frozen, etc.) RETROACTIVE: After updating the game, players should be able to load into their game and continue to progress. Should this issue happen again, logging out of the save and then loading back in should resolve the issue and allow you to continue playing.
- Fixed an issue with endless larva spawning over time. Larva were also spawning each time a spike trap was built. This update will not remove the larva that has already spawned into games, but the larva respawn rate has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where all item durability in your inventory incorrectly shows “full” when loading back into a game as a client.
- We implemented a fix for an issue where games that were saved before Raw Science started spawning prevented Raw Science from appearing later. It also included an update for a problem with Raw Science spawning after analyzing and having additional players collecting it on join. Due to this, players may notice that the starting Raw Science they previously collected has respawned.
- Fixed crashes when loading a saved game dealing with ant colonies.
- Removed kill Mosquito Burg.L quest NOT RETROACTIVE: Players will need to speak with BURG.L to abandon this quest. Then, during the next in-game day, you will be able to talk to BURG.L again to accept a new quest.
- Found the cause behind the issue where attempting to cook/dry an item slot with no item in it would crash the game.
- Found a fix for the occasional crash caused by dew drops that have items stuck in them. It also included a fix for dew drops exploding and causing a major FPS drops on clients.
- Fixed issue where clients dragging items from one slot in a storage basket to another would not reflect on the host causing item desync.
- Disabled storage baskets and smoothie stations from being able to be interacted with by multiple players at the same time until other desync issues we are working on are resolved.
- Block Tutorial now only plays once.
- Tuned Wolf Spider hearing and investigation AI to creep on the player less frequently.
- UI changes made to the SCA.B OS screen.
- Fixed trail markers not showing up on the map, and an additional fix added to prevent the game crashing if you tried to navigate them in the legend.
- Reduced screen edge shimmer on Xbox One and Xbox One S under load.
Update 0.1.1 for Grounded will be live “within a day or two” according to the patch notes. While you wait for that day to arrive, take some time to look over the Shacknews Grounded page for some helpful guides.
Connection error in Fall Guys explained
90 FPS support in PUBG Moible could be coming for more devices on Sept. 8
The best quickscoping loadouts in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone
Guide for the correct implementation of Virtual Reality in the educational system and universities…
These 3 Factors Stand in The Way of VR Mass Adoption
Riot Games and Epic Games Apparently Not Affected by Trump’s Tencent Ban
How to organize your Android phone photos and screenshots
Facebook Gaming now has its own dedicated iOS app
Stuck on loading screen error in Fall Guys explained
‘Firefox Reality’ VR Web Browser Comes to PC in Preview Version
Server status – Is Fall Guys down?
Evening Reading – August 6, 2020
Gravity Lab Rolls Onto Oculus Quest 20th August
Authentication In IoT: Securing the Front Door
Freerunning VR Experience Stride Steps Into Early Access This Month
Grounded update 0.1.1 patch notes squashes bugs
BAT, Stellar Lumens, VeChain Price Analysis: 07 August
This Week in Fintech ending 7th August 2020
How a protein promotes pancreatic cancer metastasis
Autolus CMO Peddareddigari departs to return to the US
Australian FinTech – Connecting the Australian FinTech industry to the world
Fauci: Political pressure won’t interfere with FDA decisions on COVID-19 vaccines
A Cooking Camp Chef’s Recipe For Remote Education: Make It Ambitious
Clarus Financial Technology
Core Banking Software Solution & Wallet Engine | SDK.finance
Analyst Explains Reasons Bitcoin Price Could Fall Back to Lower $10Ks
Horizon Zero Dawn PC impressions: The disappointing side of Decima
Turn Based Strategy RPG ‘Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower’ Releases Next Month on iOS and Android with Pre-Registrations Now Live on Google Play
VMware gets into apps with Bluetooth-pinging COVID-safe-office tools
ams’ VCSELs used in Ibeo’s solid-state LiDAR for Great Wall Motor
AbbVie cuts Editas CRISPR pact it inherited from Allergan
Dr Disrespect Was Banned From Twitch, But Now He’s Coming Back On YouTube
Cambodia payments fintech Clik lands $3.7m
Interview with John O’Neill of Silent Eight on how to use AI in financial services
Beauty brand MyGlamm acquires women-centric platform POPxo
UK digital bank Starling’s losses doubled in 2019 — but it expects to break even this year
Microsoft Explains Why xCloud Won’t Be On iOS After Prematurely Ending Testing
Fintech funding rebounds in Q2 but deal numbers continue to fall
Crowdfunding1 week ago
Enova Acquires OnDeck for $90 Million
Start Ups1 week ago
How Airtable helps to manage databases efficiently.
AI1 week ago
Optimizing your engagement marketing with personalized recommendations using Amazon Personalize and Braze
Automotive1 week ago
‘False economy’ masks extent of impending car retail job cuts, says Pendragon boss
AI1 week ago
Deploying a server for Rasa X chatbot
Blockchain1 week ago
Ethereum Is the Best-Performing Asset Class of 2020
AR/VR1 week ago
Venture Capital1 week ago
Facebook Seeks Insights Into Startups by Investing in VC Funds