Genshin Impact 2.5 is on the horizon and based on what we’ve learned from leaks, it’s already looking like a fascinating addition to the game!
Here is everything we know about Genshin Impact 2.5 so far, including when players can expect its release date and what players can expect from its banners, events, and beyond.
Genshin Impact 2.5 will go live on February 16, 2022, running until March 30, 2022.
This timing puts the Spring Festival in the Genshin Impact 2.5 timeframe, which is a fantastic event for players to look forward to.
Genshin Impact 2.5 Livestream
miHoYo usually runs a Livestream two weeks before releasing a new update. We can expect the Genshin Impact 2.5 Livestream on Friday, February 4, 2022.
During the Livestream, developers announced the new content coming to the game, besides giving away Free Primogems Promo Codes.
Genshin Impact 2.5 Banners
Yae Miko has officially been announced by miHoYo as the 5-star character coming on the first phase banner of Genshin Impact 2.5.
We can also expect the announcement of Kuki Shinobu, Arataki Itto’s sidekick, a 4-star electro character.
In the case of reruns, we can expect the return of Raiden Shogun. Archons come back after 4 patches of their original release and she is part of the story. Likewise, Kokomi is part of the Three Realms Gateway event, we can expect her re-run.
With no more Mondstadt and Liyue characters waiting for a re-run, it is time for Inazuma inhabitants, Kazuha, and Kujou Sara seems to be first on that list.
While many players expect The Chasm to open as it’s been on the map for some time, there is no indication that the Chasm is coming in Genshin Impact 2.5.
With that, we are most likely receiving new exploring areas for Enkanomiya instead.
- Dark version of Enkanomiya covered with a purple fog similar to Tsurumi Island
- Different realm, with unique enemies, chests, and players have to unlock the teleport waypoints again.
New Boss – Raiden Shogun
It seems the rumors were true, Raiden Shogun is coming back, not only in a banner and the Second Chapter of her story. She is becoming the new weekly boss. Once defeated she will drop materials for Ayato, Yae Miko, and future characters.
The Electro archon looks like a terrifying boss, but that often means the best rewards.
New Enemies – Grimhusks
Genshin Impact 2.5 will introduce Grimhusks, a new type of enemy with the capability to heal and provide a shield to other foes.
There are three different types of Grimhusk.
- Flagbearer Grimhusk
- Guard Grimhusk
- Linebreaker Grimhusk
New Weapons and Artifacts
Genshin Impact will introduce two new catalysts, one from the Gacha System and another F2P, part of the rewards of an upcoming event.
The new 5-star weapon is a Catalyst, the signature weapon for Yae Miko. The weapon resembles a Kagura Suzu.
These are the stats for the upcoming 5-star Catalyst:
- Base Attack: 608
- Secondary stat – 66.2% Crit DMG
- Passive R5: When using an Elemental Skill character receive the Shinra Dance, increasing the Elemental Skill DMG by 24%
- The effect lasts 12s and stacks 3 times. When 3 stacks are reached wielder gains additional 24% damage.
Ascension Material Kagura’s Verity
These are the ascension materials for the new Catalyst:
- Mask Series – Weapon ascension material that players can obtain in the domain Court of Flowing Sand in Inazuma.
- On Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Concealed Pieces – Common Material drop by the Rifthounds.
- Spectral Pieces – Common material drop by the Specters.
The free weapon for Genshin Impact 2.5 will be a catalyst, with a ring design similar to Everlasting Moonglow.
The catalyst is obtainable in the Three Realms Gateway Offering (Exploration event)
These are the stats for the upcoming 4-star Catalyst:
- Base Attack: 565
- Secondary stat – 27.6% ATK
- Passive R5: Increases Energy Recharge by 48% for 10s after using an Elemental Skill.
Events Ver. 2.5
Genshin Impact 2.5 is bringing a batch of new events and some fan favorites re-runs:
- New Boss Domain: Raiden Shogun will be the new weekly boss.
- Three Realms Gateway Offering: Exploration event of Enkanomiya, with three new regions.
- The main event of Genshin Impact 2.5
- Free 4-star Catalyst Oathsworn Eye as the main reward.
- Kokomi is part of the story in this event.
- New Gadget for this event called: Bokuso Box
- Divine Ingenuity
- Player-designed domains accessible by all players
- Travelers can design the obstacles and rooms, but not the enemies.
- Drink a Dreaming
- Prepare drinks for certain characters to unlock new dialogs.
- Eula, Kaeya & Rosaria, Diluc, Lisa & Jean, Zhongli, Beidou & Ningguang, and Shenhe
- Hyakunin Ikki re-run
- Combat challenges with a quick swap of teams of two.
- Players can use the following Trial Characters: Ayaka, Yoimiya, Kazuha, Itto, Xiangling, and Razor
Genshin Impact 2.5 skins will focus on Mondstadt characters. These outfits will be more conservative versions of female characters:
- Jean – Gunnhildr’s Heritage
- Amber – 100% Outrider
- Mona – Covenant of Stars and Moon
- Rosaria – To the Free Person of the Church