Air Canada today announced it has launched Live TV on select aircraft and domestic routes, becoming the only Canadian carrier to offer customers the ability to cheer on their favorite sports teams by watching global sporting events in real time or watch live national news onboard a flight. Live TV on Air Canada flights currently features six Canadian English and French channels which are available as part of the airline’s complimentary and extensive inflight entertainment programming.
Live TV is presently available on domestic routes from coast to coast operated with a Live TV-enabled aircraft. Currently 40 Boeing 777, Boeing 787, Airbus A330 and Airbus A220 aircraft are Live TV-enabled, and Air Canada expects 50% of domestic flights operated by mainline aircraft to offer Air Live TV by the second of quarter 2023.
Air Canada’s Live TV experience is delivered through a satellite-connected, inflight entertainment solution.
Live TV programming on Air Canada flights is comprised of:
- TSN, TSN 2 and RDS delivering comprehensive live sports coverage for marquee sports events including soccer, hockey, basketball, football, baseball, golf, professional motor racing, and more
- CTV News Channel delivering breaking news from communities across Canada and around the world as the country’s 24-hour all-news network
- LCN, Quebec’s all-news station delivering news and rich programming from morning to night
- BNN Bloomberg as Canada’s definitive source for business news, delivering breaking finance updates and live market coverage
Top Copyright Photo: Air Canada Airbus A220-300 (CS300 BD-500-1A11) C-GWUQ (msn 55179) YYZ (TMK Photography). Image: 959332.
Air Canada aircraft photo gallery:
- Coinsmart. Europe’s Best Bitcoin and Crypto Exchange.Click Here
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://worldairlinenews.com/2022/11/21/air-canada-launches-live-tv-onboard-select-domestic-flights/