With the advancement of digital technology, electronic signatures (e-signatures) have gained massive acceptance in the business world, where artificial intelligence (AI) further leads its improvements.
What Are E-Signatures?
E-signatures, or the digitized or scanned version of handwritten signatures, improve business processes, allowing fast signing and approval of documents. They are used to verify digital documents and messages. Electronic signature platforms have made the creation of e-signatures a lot easier than you think, which paves the way for businesses to embrace digital transformation.
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
AI refers to an advanced machine or computer technology that simulates human intelligence processes, powered by several applications such as natural language processing (NLP), machine vision, speech recognition, and expert systems. An AI possesses qualities that include visual perception and tactile intelligence, which help advance e-signatures.
So, how does AI lead to e-signature improvements? Read on to find out.
1. Helps Stop E-Signature Forgery
Cybercriminals use tricky and sophisticated methods to replicate and forge e-signatures to use them to defraud customers, businesses, and even government agencies. They can manipulate systems, show fake messages to validate signatures, and add content to already signed digital documents. An e-signature is reliable and secure if it possesses integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation (providing proof of identity or delivery).
Here’s how AI can help prevent digital forgery:
- Training Neural Networks: A series of algorithms that mimic human intelligence to detect underlying data relationships or neural networks can undergo training to recognize forgery in digital transactions and file systems. Neural networks can adapt to changing inputs, detecting system and file anomalies such as unusual document patterns and forged e-signature and fraud detection.
- Certifying E-Signatures: Online e-signature tools certify legal documents, making digital signatures more secure. Digital signing enabled in devices and adopting encryption methods help in authenticity verification.
- Adopting Internet Of Things (IoT): The IoT system has a strong security feature that can detect forgery. This technology, along with AI, can easily trace anomalies and their origins in interconnected devices.
- Adopting Blockchain Technology: The strong encryption capability of a blockchain prevents e-signature tampering by using the concept of hash in matching unique data to spot a forgery easily. Data match failure would mean a forged signature or document. For instance, if someone creates a copy of a signed PDF, the duplicate version won’t match with hash, helping spot signature or file anomalies easily.
2. Helps Secure Bulk E-Signing
Many digital signature platforms offer the bulk signing feature. Yet using the bulk signature poses some security risks, including hackers infecting your system and stealing your signature or manipulating file content for various cybercrime activities.
AI helps make bulk digital signing more secure. As mentioned, neural network training, certifying signatures, and adopting blockchain and IoT technology can help recognize anomalies applicable in bulk e-signing. As a result, bulk e-signatures become more secure, regardless if you’re signing documents for your e-Commerce business, law firm, medical clinic, manufacturing company, or any other business.
3. Helps Stop Bots From Impersonating Humans
Cyber bots tend to impersonate human online activities such as digital signatures. These take over social media applications and devices, like smartphones, word processors, and cameras. Incorporating AI into these devices and digital content can help stop bots from impersonating humans to protect the integrity and authenticity of e-signed digital files.
Companies have recently started developing computation methods to improve AI technology to take e-signatures globally. This way, individuals, businesses, and organizations will have more assurance and peace of mind when using e-signatures in different transactions.
4. Promotes Convenient Digital File Signing
In the future, voice-activated digital file signing will be a trend with the help of AI. Because of speech recognition, AI can associate a user’s voice with his digital signature, making e-signing faster and easier.
Using the voice-activated AI technology in digital signing will transform how people manage documentation more conveniently and securely. For instance, if the company CEO is playing golf, exercising, lying on the couch, or doing other things, AI allows the top-level decision-maker to sign papers on this digital desk. People don’t need to be sitting at their office desk to sign all documents all day because AI has changed this traditional practice.
The advancement in digital technology makes AI a powerful tool in e-signature improvements in many businesses worldwide. As AI advances further, its features and benefits increase, including improving e-signatures. It also helps prevent and detect the forgery of digital signatures and file content. By incorporating AI into various applications, systems, and platforms using e-signatures, digital documents become more secure and business transactions faster.